Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fresh Strawberry Muffins

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I LOVE MUFFINS! For me, nothing beats a homemade, warm from the oven muffin (or scone!) for breakfast. These muffins are fantastic and loaded with delicious fresh strawberries. What more could you ask for?

Fresh Strawberry Muffins

2 1/2 cups flour

2/3 cup sugar

1 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups fresh sliced strawberries

1 cup buttermilk

1/3 cup butter, melted

1 1/4 tsp vanilla

1 egg, lightly beaten

2 egg whites, lightly beaten

1 1/2 TBSP sugar, for tops

Combine flour through salt in large bowl. Add strawberries. Make a well in the center of mixture. Combine buttermilk through eggs; add to flour mixture. Stir until moistened.

Divide batter into muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

10 comments:

Christy said...

Girl-you must be a mind-reader!! Just yesterday I was thinking that I needed to throw together some strawberry muffins! Too funny. Yours look fabulous and now I'm determined to go bake up a batch. Thanks for sharing. :)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Those do look great. I like how you also included scones as a fave breakfast. Muffins, scones, oatmeal, pancakes, french toast anything not out of a box or can right?
~ingrid

Debbie said...

Just discovered your blog and all your great recipes....I'll be visiting often!!!

priscilla joy said...

I love muffins too, your look soo good. I love anything strawberry.

teresa said...

I love the fresh strawberries in there, yummy!

Emily Rose said...

mmm I love berries in muffins- but I've never seen strawberry muffins before! What a marvelous idea! like built in strawberry shortcakes!

J.L. Danger said...

I absolutely CANNOT get enough strawberries right now. These look fantastic!

Megan said...

Too bad I ate all of the strawberries - those look great!

The Mortensens said...

Oh, these look so fabulous! I'm going to have to try these!

Shelby said...

I love muffins too! I want one for breakfast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails