Friday, May 1, 2009

Pan Seared Pork with Potatoes and Lemon

Happy May! I can't even tell you how EXCITED I am that it is May! I am officially in the month that my husband comes home! To be able to say that is amazing! I feel like jumping up and down and screaming. The excitement is just bubbling inside of me. What a wonderful feeling!

Here is a quick and easy meal that is fantastic! I love finding meals that have minimal cooking time but that are still so good that you would serve it to company. That is this meal! Last night I was wishing I had company over to share this with. It was DELICIOUS!



There are only 9 ingredients (if you count olive oil, salt, pepper, and water!) and the flavor of the pork and potatoes shine through. It is so refreshing with the lemon and cilantro. YUM YUM YUM! I can't say enough about this meal. I really hope you make it! I promise you'll enjoy it!


Pan Seared Pork with Potatoes and Lemon
Everday Food April 2009 (?)

2 TBSP olive oil
1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Coarse salt
Black pepper
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

In a large skillet, heat 1 TBSP oil over medium-high. Add potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water; cover and cook until potatoes are tender and liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add scallions; cook 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a bowl and keep warm.

Using a sharp knife, cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 equal pieces. Press pork slices between your hands to flatten evenly.

In skillet, heat remaining 1 TBSP oil over medium high. Cook pork until browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Add lemon slices during last 2 minutes of cooking.

Serve pork with lemons and potatoes. Garnish with cilantro.

10 comments:

Katy ~ said...

Yum, this does sound quick and delicious. Perfect! I'm not big on cilantro, but I would sub with parsley.

Hmmm..I have all the ingredients...

So good to have meals like this in the repertoire for weekday meals. After work, I don't really have the energy or the inclination for involved recipes, so this recipe is definitely a winner and keeper!

Coleens Recipes said...

You must be on cloud 9 with hubby coming home. I am so happy for you!!

Gabi said...

Cristine!

This recipe came in VERY handy! I have two pork tenderloins and I was looking for some inspiration!

Lovely blog! Will be back!

Gabi@ Mamaliga.

teresa said...

YAY for your hubs coming home! This looks AWESOME!

April said...

YUM, this looks great!!

Let the countdown begin!!

J.L. Danger said...

you are too cute. You must be ecstatic!

Megan said...

I have that issue floating around here somewhere - I've got to find it!

I am so excited for you - I'll be counting down the days with you!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yum, yum that does look easy and tasty! I like that mag, Everyday Food. Lots of good and easy recipes. The cookbook is great too.
~ingrid

Hurray for May and your Honey coming home!!! :))

Elyse said...

What a great meal! I'm always looking for those meals that are super quick, easy, and DELICIOUS. I can't wait to try this out.

Celia said...

AMAZING! One of my new favorites!

Related Posts with Thumbnails