Friday, July 24, 2009

Butterfinger Cake Balls

I used to make cake balls a lot a few years back. I loved how easy they are to make and that there are so many different variations. I'm not sure why I stopped making them, but I know that it has been a long time.

When I saw these Butterfinger Cake Balls on A Blog About Food, I knew I had to make them. Butterfinger's are Nathan's favorite and I knew he would love these. When I showed him the blog post, he asked me to make them for Father's Day Thanksgiving (yes... that's how far behind I am in posting!).



They were so delicious and didn't last long. Thanks so much to Teresa for reminding me how wonderful cake balls are!

Butterfinger Cake Balls
Teresa - A Blog About Food


1 yellow cake mix
1 tub chocolate frosting
1 large bag milk chocolate chips
3-4 large Butterfingers bars, crumbled

Bake yellow cake according to directions. Once mostly cooled, crumble into a bowl. Stir in chocolate frosting until completely combined into a dough. Roll into small balls. Insert toothpicks for easy dipping and freeze for 1-2 hours.

Once the cake balls are hardened, melt your chocolate. Right after dipping them in chocolate, dip the tops in the candy, and place on wax paper, candy side down, for at least an hour to dry.



11 comments:

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I saw these at Teresa's and thought they looked good. Yours look great too! Good Job!

Cristine, I have post to publish from MAY! :( I stink.
~ingrid

Creative Classroom Core said...

These are drool worthy! Love them!

Megan said...

David loves butterfingers too - and I just so happen to have cake balls in the freezer....

Anonymous said...

Ooh...I love butterfingers. These sound delicious. YUM.

teresa said...

I'm glad you liked them! Cakeballs are the best!

Katy ~ said...

Well done! Butterfingers are among the best. Terrific idea to use them in a cake ball. Yummy yummy!

Leslie said...

nope..no way I am EVER making these. I would eat them all!!!!!

Mermaid Sews said...

Oh man these look amazing, I will have to try these.

Diana's Cocina said...

Your blog is making me hungry!!!

Unknown said...

I'm going to make these tonight. Never even heard of them til you posted this.... I <3 <3 <3 Butterfingers though!!! :)

Ellen B Cookery said...

Oh my GOD! Butterfingers are my husband's favourite ..and Father's Day is around the corner.

These look great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails