Sunday, August 9, 2009

All Star Sliders


I'm always on the lookout for new lunch ideas and when I saw this, I knew that I had to make it. These are healthy, incredibly delicious, and relatively easy to make. They have become Anya's favorite lunch and she is requesting them pretty often!

Enjoy!

All Star Sliders
Parents Magazine May 2009

4 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
4 slices White Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
4 baby spinach leaves
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Raspberry vinaigrette, for dipping


Flatten chicken breast halves to 1/4-1/2" thickness. Cut in half crosswise so that you have 4 pieces and season with salt and pepper.


Spray grill pan with cooking spray and grill roll halves, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes, until toasted; set aside. Add chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes.

Assemble rolls with chicken, slice of cheese, and spinach. Top with cucumber and serve with vinaigrette.

11 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

OMGoodness, this sounds like a yummy sandwich. I also love your cucumber star, what a cute idea.

Patsyk said...

Looks like a fabulous lunch idea!

Be sure to stop by my blog and comment on my Blogging it Forward post to help fight hunger!

Katy said...

I would love that sandwich as well! Love chicken sandwiches!!

Jolene said...

yummy - I am so going to go to the store and get stuff make this today :)

Bunny said...

I don't think I mentioned this before but I love your new blog look! It's so fresh looking! Now the sliders...Fantastic!!! I've made them in burger form but this is wonderful!! I think Hawaiian Bread is a lot like potato bread, I don't think we have the Hawaiian rolls around here so I'll use potato rolls!

Jolene said...

yummy - I am so going to go to the store and get stuff make this today :)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Anya has good taste. They sound yummy! I don't blame her at all.
~ingrid

ALLRED FAMILY said...

What a fun picnic sandwich idea!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect for summer!

Lori said...

That sounds really good. My kids would pick the sandwich apart. I try to explain that it taste good all in one buite together, but noooo. Can Anya come over and show my girls how its done!

Jaime said...

love the cute star on top! that looks so healthy and easy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails