Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crock-Pot Indonesian Peanut Butter Chicken

I love my crockpot. Nothing is easier than throwing dinner in first thing in the morning and having it ready for you in the evening. Plus, there is the added bonus that your house gets to smell yummy all day! This meal was so good (even though I forgot the sesame seeds and lime) and I will definately make it again. You could also add some red pepper flakes (as Nathan did) for some added kick.

Enjoy!


Crockpot Indonesian Peanut Butter Chicken


Recipe from Crockpot 365

Enough chicken parts to feed a family of 4 (I used boneless skinless tenders)
2 T soy sauce
2chopped cloves of garlic
1 1/2 t sesame oil
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 t ground ginger
garnish with sesame seeds and lime wedges; optional

Put the peanut butter into your crockpot and turn it to high so it can begin to melt. Add the other sauce ingredients and stir to mix. Add chicken; toss to coat.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5. This is done when the chicken is cooked through and has reached desired tenderness.

If your crockpot isn't at least 2/3 full, keep an eye on it so the peanut butter doesn't burn. You may need to stir a few times.

10 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I'm looking forward to trying this. I've always wondered how peanutbutter would taste in a savory dish.

Jolene said...

oh yummy - I can't wait to try this!

Bunny said...

I've never made anything like this, I have to try it. I agree I love myh crockpot too! Best thing they ever invented for the kitchen!

margot said...

Sounds delicious! Getting a crockpot sounds like a great investment, especially with cool weather coming soon.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Hey, thanks Cristine! I'm on the prowl for yummy slow cooker meals as the kids have football and cheerleading practice everyday 6-8:30. No time for conventional cooking!
~ingrid

Nichicakes said...

Oh that looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing Ill have to give it a try

Katy ~ said...

A delicious chicken post. Slow cookers are just so convenient and an asset in the kitchen.

Megan said...

I love my crockpot too - it's perfect anytime of year.

That chicken looks fantastic - I wish I could make it for dinner tonight!

Leslie said...

I love love love my slow cooker!!
This dish sounds amazing!

Jaime said...

looks delicious - wish my hubby didn't have such an aversion to PB!

Related Posts with Thumbnails