Friday, August 28, 2009

Lemon Chicken and Baked Lemon Spaghetti


This is one of my favorite chicken dinners. The chicken is coated with delicious spices and has just a hint of lemon while the spaghetti has an amazing lemon flavor that compliments the chicken perfectly. If you love lemon, I'm sure that you'll enjoy this meal!

Lemon and Herb Chicken


2 TBSP basil
1 TBSP rosemary
1/2 tsp oregano
1 TBSP onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 TBSP thyme
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 TBSP lemon zest
1/2 cup olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts


Make a paste out of spices and 1/4 cup olive oil. Spread on chicken. Heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in skillet and cook chicken until juices run clear.


Baked Lemon Spaghetti


8 oz spaghetti
1/3 cup unsalted butter
8 oz sour cream
1 tsp lemon zest
3 TBSP lemon juice
3 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup parmesan, grated
salt and pepper


Cook spaghetti to al dente. Drain and place in 2 qt casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Melt butter in saucepan and remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, zest, and lemon juice. Mix well. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with parsley, parmesan, salt, and pepper.

8 comments:

Katy ~ said...

Lemon and I are good friends. I LOVE lemon and chicken together. Never had lemon and spaghetti. What a unique combination. I am sooo intrigued with the idea that I will be making this.

angelia mcgowan said...

Looks so good, Lemon chicken is such a great dish, but adding different herbs really makes it!

Shelby said...

Looks awesome Cristine!

Megan said...

I'd like to try the spaghetti, it certainly looks different - which is nice!

Leslie said...

yes I would agree..this does look like the perfect meal

Julie said...

Looks amazing..I love lemony flavored dishes :)

Patsyk said...

Lemon is one of my favorite flavors! I never would have thought to prepare spaghetti this way, so perfect for summer!

celia said...

I made this last night and the family loved it. Even my toughest critic enjoyed it! Thanks for the dinner idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails