Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tortilla Soup


It is kind of crazy to me how many recipes I end up making from Everday Food and even crazier how every single one of them turns out great. I received a subscription last year for my birthday and I know I will be renewing it when the time comes. I am so happy when I find a recipes that not only sound great, but turn out great, too.

This soup is one of those recipes. We loved it and will make it again and again. Enjoy!

Tortilla Soup with Black Beans
Everyday Food



1 TBSP olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp chili powder
2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes
2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1 package (10 oz) frozen corn kernels
1 cup water
Salt and pepper
1 cup crushed tortilla chips, plus more for serving
1 TBSP fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving



In large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Cook garlic and chili powder for 1 minute. Add tomatoes through water; season with salt and pepper.


Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat to simmer. Add tortilla chips and cook until softened; about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper.


Serve soup with lime wedges and additional tortilla chips.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I've never had black beans before, but perhaps I could use a different type? It certainly looks and sounds delicious.

Coleens Recipes said...

I only recently discovered black beans and I love them. This recipe looks excellent.

Leslie said...

Maybe I should Get a subscription of Everyday food!

Anonymous said...

I like your soup because it is so thick and chunky. It sounds delicious.

Katy ~ said...

Yumm...this sounds simple and GOOD!! Big YUM! I like that it is mostly pantry items for me. This will be appreciated when the weather starts to cool a bit and we can fully enjoy this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails