Monday, August 17, 2009

TWD: Applesauce Spice Bars


I mentioned earlier in the month that I had completed my TWD and SMS recipes for August in one week. Because of this, I had to cut a lot of the recipes in half, or in this case, I quartered the recipe.

These are supposed to be bars, but since I didn't have a bar pan small enough to fit a quarter of the recipe, I baked up two individual ramekins. They turned out cute and so yummy. I especially loved the diced apples throughout and I used craisins instead of raisins. I also omitted the glaze from the recipe since Anya and I would be eating it for our afternoon snack. I figured the less sugar, the better. We both enjoyed it without the glaze, although I'm sure the glaze wouldn't hurt. :)
Thanks to Karen of Something Sweet for hosting this week. The recipe can be found at her blog.

12 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow! You baked a months worth of recipes for 2 groups in one week?? I'm extremely impressed!! I liked this one and I didn't do the glaze either. Quite tasty.

Michele said...

Your applesauce "bars" look fabulous!

Coleens Recipes said...

You are very clever. I am terrible at reducing the size of recipes. My best recipes are for a CROWD and when I try and cut them down, they never taste the same. I admire your ability to do that. The bars look delicious!!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I agree with Coleen. That is impressive that you are able to successfully cut recipes in half or quarter them. I tried cuting one in half last night and forgot to cut back on the sugar! :(
~ingrid

Flourchild said...

Im going to take your lead and start cutting these recipes down. There are way to many sweets passing through my house and we don't need all the sugar. We should start a blog group on burning all these extra calories=). I like your bars..very cute dish!

betty geek said...

Hey, I'll have a piece of that!

Looks good!

Katy ~ said...

Applesauce bars = YUM YUM

mike said...

It looks fantastic - what a feat, making all those things ahead of time. That's organization for you! It WAS great - even without the glaze.... or WITH! Glad you enjoyed making it! Nicely done!

margot said...

So cute in the little ramekins! Without the glaze, it is a nice afternoon snack, the glaze really makes it a dessert.

karen said...

i liked them both with and without the glaze. i didn't really think they needed it. i love baking smaller portions of things. it's actually strange for me to make full batches sometimes!

The Food Librarian said...

These are too cute. Love that you made them in the ramekins! They look like little pies of apple goodness.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you made it. It looks yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails