Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cranberry Orange Cookies


Every year I try to make at least one new cookie for my holiday cookie tray. This year, this is that cookie. And boy am I glad it was!

I love cranberries. Fresh cranberries or dried cranberries - I'll take them either way. This recipe calls for dried cranberries, but I had some fresh that needed to be used, so I tossed them in some sugar and used those instead.

The orange zest and cranberries go so well together. These cookies were the perfect addition to my cookie tray. So soft and delicious! They will definately be a regular from now on!

Cranberry Orange Cookies
Recipe from Fake Ginger

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped (I used 1/2 cup fresh)
1 tablespoon orange zest

1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon orange zest

Preheat oven to 350.

Using an electric mixer, mix butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in cranberries and 1 tablespoon orange zest. Chill dough while you make orange sugar.

Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon orange zest. Use your fingers to rub the 2 together until everything is combined and mixture is fragrant.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in orange sugar. Place on baking sheet and flatten slightly.

Bake 10 – 13 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on wire racks.

4 comments:

Ingrid_3Bs said...

How about hosting a giveaway of those cookies? And the winner would be the first commenter on this post? :)
~ingrid

Flourchild said...

These look so good! I love cranberries!

TELMA GUEDES said...

Hmmmm...it seems delicious!

Val said...

These look and sound delish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails