Friday, September 9, 2011

Brat Sliders

My husband absolutely loves bratwurst so as soon as I saw this I knew I would be making it for him. My husband said it was a "beer brat explosion" and was incredibly delicious and creamy. I know he will be requesting this again!

Brat Sliders
Recipe from Taste of Home

1/2 lb bacon, chopped
1 lb bratwurst, casings removed
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, cubed
1 cup dark beer
1 TBSP dijon mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
Rolls

Cook bacon until crispy; drain on paper towels. Cook bratwurst and onion in bacon drippings until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more. Drain.

Stir in cream cheese, beer, mustard, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon.

Serve on rolls.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is exactly what I needed today. My husband LOVES brats and I am tired of serving them the same old way with onions and peppers. This will be a sweet Friday night surprise dinner for him!

teresa said...

my mouth is totally watering, YUMMY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails