Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Taco Stuffed Shells


About 6 years ago I made a cookbook for family as a Christmas gift. It included recipes collected from members of the family and also a lot of recipes from me. Most of the recipes I included were favorites and regulars on our weekly menu. This was all before I started collecting recipes like they were gold so we often repeated meals throughout the month. These days we rarely eat the same thing twice in a month because I am constantly trying new things.

Last week I pulled out the old cookbook and started looking through it. I realized that there were quite a few old recipes that I have never posted on the blog. I decided to make my favorites and finally get them posted.

This recipe is one of those favorites. It isn't your ordinary stuffed shell recipe but man is it delicious. The meat is mixed with cream cheese, stuffed inside the shell, and topped with taco sauce and cheese. SOOOOO good!

Enjoy and be on the lookout for more "old" recipes! :)

Taco Stuffed Shells

1 lb ground beef
8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
18 jumbo shells, cooked
2 TBSP butter, melted
1 cup taco sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup monterey jack cheese

Brown beef in skillet. Add cream cheese, salt, and chili powder; simmer 5 minutes.

Toss cooked shells in butter and fill with beef mixture. Arrange shells in pan. Pour taco sauce over shells; cover with foil.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Uncover, top with cheeses. Bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails