Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake

My daughter had a half day at school yesterday and asked if she could bake something since she had a free afternoon. Considering what a bake-a-holic I am there was NO way I was going to tell her no. Both kiddos love helping me in the kitchen and I am happy to pass on my love of all things culinary to my children.

My daughter chose a pink lemonade bundt cake that I pinned on Pinterest (which, by the way, she also LOVES Pinterest. She is definitely my kid!). Both kids climbed on the counter and we set to work making this delicious cake.

This cake is perfect for tiny bakers because it starts with a cake mix. You really can't get any easier than that. It is sweet and tart and yummy!

Enjoy!

Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake
Recipe from Sugar Baby Aprons

1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 (3 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
4 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup pink lemonade concentrate
4 drops pink or red food color, optional


Glaze:
1 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup white sugar




Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour one 10-inch tube pan or
bundt pan.


Combine the cake mix, lemon pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, 1/2
cup lemon concentrate and the milk. Mix until smooth. Pour the batter
into the prepared pan.


Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour.

Remove from oven and prick cake all over with a fork. Immediately
pour lemonade glaze over top of cake.


Let cake stand in pan until almost cool.


LEMONADE GLAZE:

Combine the remaining thawed frozen lemonade and the white sugar. Mix
thoroughly and pour over still warm cake.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is pretty. Vivid colors.

pinkstripes said...

Can't go wrong with a pink cake!

Leslie said...

Right...how could you tell a kid "No" to baking!!! sounds delish!

Rebekah said...

Oh I saved this one - looks so pretty and yummy!!!

Shelby said...

Love the pretty pink!

Related Posts with Thumbnails